Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Perfect Day... with not so perfect endings

28 December 2010


Today I did something I have not done in the longest time. I started and finished a book in one long read! Well, okay, not quite. I did read 8 pages last night, but then picked it up this morning, and the book was so engaging, that I just could not put it down. Now granted, it is a bit of a romantic story, but very engaging, and I had a blast reading it. The book is One Day by David Nicholls. Loved it.


This was after I had another what I thought was a perfect day yesterday, which ended in disaster. The day started off just great. A foot massage at my favourite Thai place (SweetFace), and then 2 movies in a row. RED - and let's be honest, not a great movie, but the chance of seeing Bruce Willis and John Malkovich in one movie, with Morgan Freeman tossed in as well - is really the only reason to watch this movie. After that I watched the final of the Stieg Larsson trilogy - The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet's Nest. I thought the last movie was actually the weakest of the 3, especially because they had to cut so much out from the books - which I really loved. In fact, I think that was what I was reading over Christmas last year - all 3 books.


Then, dinner at Tasha's, including getting my favourite dessert (pumpkin fritters) as a take-away. So, finally got home quite late - well, Elsje's house (I am house-sitting for her), and that is when the wheels came off. I discovered one of the dogs, Bruni, dead in the pool. Who knows when it happened, but needless to say this was a terrible way to end my day. Of course it was shocking for me, but what was worse was having to call Elsje and tell her about it. It was just horrible. I still have trouble even looking at the pool, and I am not sure I can get myself back into it. Maybe I will try tomorrow.


Anyway, I will try for another perfect day tomorrow. It can only get better from here on. Soon I will start dinner - and for those who know me, yes, I can sometimes cook. Pasta and a simple tomato sauce, I think.


Anyway, in case you have not noticed, yes, I have not posted anything in a year. I will do better. I promise. That is of course supposing I have something to say! :)


Keep reading, use sunblock, and drink more wine. Life is short.




Celicia

No comments:

Post a Comment