Thursday, December 30, 2010

Change she is a-comin'

So, I am about to gain a new brother-in-law! My sister Grazietta met someone recently, and is taking the brave step of getting married on 1 January, in Cape Town.

This is something I have really struggled with. I am such a cautious person, that it sounds frightening that she could make such a life-changing decision after only being together for less than 2 months. My sister is Khloe Kardashian! :) (And yes, it is a little sad that I know enough about Khloe Kardashian in order to make that comparison).

After all the drama she has been through in the last year, she certainly deserves to be happy, and I hope this works out, and that they are together for the next 50 years.

The upside of this is that I get to spend New Year's in Cape Town, including seeing my uncle Dion (my mother's brother) and his two children - cousins I only see once every 10 years it would seem. That should be fun. Though it is a little sad that the few family members I have I rarely see.

So, this leads me to reflect on the end of the year, and new beginnings. I do not know what 2011 will bring, but I am looking forward to it. 2010 has been a tumultuous year - full of ups and downs - including a change in job - apparently one of the most stressful things you can do.

Maybe I will in 2011 finally throw caution to the wind, and start using up those miles and money and do some travel - assuming my work will let me.

Anyway, see you all in 2011!


Celicia

PS: The new brother-in-law, his name is Jacques.

No comments:

Post a Comment